EWP Manufacturer Partners
OSWA members include manufacturers, distributors and designers of engineered wood products (EWP).
What are engineered wood products? EWP are a group of products which started with plywood back in the 1950’s and saw the evolution of OSB (oriented strand board) a couple decades later. These days the list of products continues to expand and includes, but not limited to:
- I-joist for floor and roof systems
- LVL – laminated veneer lumber
- LSL – laminated strand lumber
- PSL – parallel strand lumber
- Glulam – glue laminated timber
- CLT – cross laminated timber
The reason why EWP makes sense is that it addresses some design requirements for today’s structures :
- Consistent, predictable and published design values
- Products are shipped from the factory dry and dimensionally stable
More often than not a given wood structure will include roof trusses, wall panels and EWP for floor systems. Other combinations utilizing glulam and CLT allows designers a wide palette to draw from.